Thursday, April 26, 2007

Yielding to the Art

(wearing my email voice)

Good Morning Dear Friend,

Thanks for talking yesterday and sharing some of the things you’re thinking about. Our conversation was a reminder to get out of my own little world and make sure I'm embracing all whom I love, and truly all mankind, in my prayers--a reminder to practice what recently began to feel like my ”art” of healing. I remember laying in bed praying about a situation (sometimes I actually pray really well flat on my back). I got some great ideas, but as I tried to apply these inspirations to the problem, the ideas kept leading me off in other directions. I discovered the ideas related to a world event, to work, to my kids. It was really cool! However, I kept trying to reign in my thoughts. I felt guilty because I couldn’t seem to focus on the issue at hand. This jumping around didn’t seem to fit with my educated sense of what disciplined prayer in the form of Christian Science treatment was supposed to look like. Then all of the sudden I got the message, “Quit resisting this train of thought, this is your art.” So, I yielded to the thought journey. By the time I mentally returned to face the original challenge, I was so filled with a universal sense of God being present everywhere that the problem no longer seemed formidable. Taking the specific prayers for whatever is in thought and seeing the universality of these prayers seems very effective for me in my healing work. This morning my thoughts and prayers have been happily flitting all over the place. It has been refreshing.

Have a great day. I’ll be thinking of you!

With love,
Maria

Postscripts: A friend of Evan Mehlenbacher’s recently spoke about a spiritual journey that led to the healing of arthritis. He says, “One of the first things I learned was how prayer can be both a science and an art.”(see April 21st posting on www.spiritview.net); and “Practicing the Art and Science of timeless Christian healing.” is a trademark of Kate Robertson's website and healing work (www.prayerbasedsolutions.com).

No comments: